Please note that many of our clients have filed applications for SSDI / SSI. However, if you’d like assistance with the application process, then contact us.
There are several ways to submit an application for SSDI / SSI. You can:
- Complete your application online
- Call the SSA toll-free telephone number 1-800-772-1213. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can call them at TTY 1-800-325-0778
- Call or visit your local Social Security office, or
- Call our offices at (910) 538-5533
Some Helpful Things To Know About Applying
You should apply for disability benefits as soon after you become disabled as possible. The information you should have:
Information About You
- Your Social Security number and proof of your age
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of doctors, caseworkers, hospitals, and clinics that took care of you and the dates of your visits
- Names and dosages of all the medications you are taking
- Medical records from your doctors, therapists, hospitals, clinics and caseworkers, that you already have in your possession
- Laboratory and test results
- A summary of where you worked and the kind of work you did, and
- Your most recent W-2 form or, if you were self-employed, a copy of your federal tax return.
Information About Family Members
- Social Security numbers and proof of age for each family member who may qualify for benefits
- Proof of marriage, if your spouse is applying for benefits, as well as dates of prior marriages if applicable.
If you don’t have all the documents you need, don’t delay filing for benefits. Contact our offices about your SSDI / SSI benefits today.