No. You don’t need to hire an attorney to collect social security disability. However, applying for SSDI/SSI is a complicated process that requires the submission of many forms, such as detailing medical reports, prior employment records, and other information. We recommend consulting with our office so that Tanina Richardson can user her experience as an SSD benefits lawyer to help you get the benefits you deserve. Here are a few reasons hiring Tanina will make a difference:
- The majority of SSD applications are initially denied. According to the Social Security Administration, from 2001 to 2010 nearly 53 percent of disability claims were denied. During that same period, the percentage of applicants awarded benefits at the initial claims level averaged about 28 percent. Tanina will help you improve your claim’s chance of being approved by ensuring that your application is properly filled out, accurate, and complete.
- Many SSD applications are denied for technical reasons. In 2014, over 33 percent of SSD applications (more than 912,785) were rejected for reasons that had nothing to do with the applicant’s disability or medical condition. They were rejected based on “technical denials” before medical facts of the case were even considered. Hiring Tanina will help you avoid being denied by technicality.
- We go through the SSD application and appeals processes on a daily basis. We have established relationships with agency employees, including Administrative Law Judges (ALJs) who conduct hearings. We can easily guide you through the process. We know what to do if your claim is initially denied, we know how to handle the appeals process.
- In a report released in September 2012, the Social Security Advisory Board said the help of a third-party representative has “the potential to greatly expedite the disability determination process, while ensuring that the claimant receives the most informed determination possible at the initial claims stage.”
- We work on a contingency-fee basis. Our legal fees depend on the awards we obtain for our clients. You will not pay any fees to our office up-front and we only earn our fee once we help you obtain the SSD benefits you deserve.
For more statistics from the SSA, visit the .GOV site here: https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/di_asr/2010/index.html
Your benefits could provide the financial help and support you need. Don’t hesitate, call the Law Offices of Tanina Richardson today.